5/23/2011

MUSIC アラニスの思い出

Again, I'm enjoying a reminiscing time with my favorite music♪  lol   Alanis!  '90s is my generation!
http://alanis.com/
The first time I met her music was in 1996.  I was in Auckland NZ which is the very first foreign place in my life, staying with a family for a week during my high school spring vacation time.  When my host family took me out to the city, I listened to her song "You Oughta Know" on a car radio.  I was not paying much attention to radio sound because everything outside the window was much more attractive to the 17-year-old  Japanese girl.  But her song was so impressive that I stopped looking outside and asked my host parents who the singer was... because I missed her name.  They said the song was kind of familiar but they didn't know who was singing.  So... her song ended up as one of sweet memories of my first trip then.

One year later, I entered a college... one that I quit in a year...  I was watching TV around midnight.  I guess it was a program of American alternative music... or something like that.  It was just having a laid-back time before she came up to the TV screen.  Yes,,, I met her music again and I finally found her name, Alanis Morissette.  :-)  I never forgot the part of her song I listened to in Auckland so I noticed right away!  I got up and tried to remember her name! lol   Her last name was tough to memorize...
I was very happy, of course :-)  I went to Tower Records very soon and finally got her music♪ 
Alanis morissette everyday, every night, everywhere with me! lol
I joined a summer program of the college in the same year,  my first USA days... in Omaha, Nebraska.  I was there for a month going to a school, staying with a family... had a very good time.  I was also listening to Alanis there♪
18-year-old was feeling very happy with the great experience in the US and determined to come back again some day in the future! ...and was very hopeful too.

Rock, pop, jazz, classical, whatever... I guess everybody has same kind of experience like me, "music reminds me of..." stuff  :-)      I like this♪ I think I'm very reflective and like reminiscing!

Now, we can find and obtain music easily, for example, download on the internet.  That's very good.  If you are 70s, 80s, 90s generation... you should understand how hard it was to find and get what you wanted, especially music from overseas or indies.  All we had was limited information on magazines, TV and radio... pirated copy from somewhere, maybe!  But we all made the best of it.  The harder we search, the happier we feel with it.  And we cherish the music more with memories of the days♪

Wow... this is a kina long post as mine. lol   Thanks for reading!
I haven't writen for a while because many... "brand-new" things are going on at work...lol,  I mean I've been extra busy lately!  But it's ok, I'm still learning something from it.  There are many things I shouldn't leave behind.  Got a good chance to learn how to take care of ... unexpected stuff!
I'm still wondering where to go for my college plan, but I'm doing ok.  It'll be alright :-)  I'll keep working on it♪

The weather is getting better, I can see the blue sky befind the clouds now.  I'm thinking about shopping for my coworker's birthday♪  I don't know what I'm gonna get but I hope I'll find something good for her.
Have a good day with your favorite music♪

Please click here if you like my post.
 ↓ Thank you!
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ
にほんブログ村

No comments:

Post a Comment