4/17/2011

負けとられんわ

Beautiful Sunday afternoon. I was at Peace Memorial Park. As I posted before, the park is one of my favorite places in my town.
I've been spending a very good day off.
I went walking for an hour in the morning, took English classes and went to an electronics store... I wanted to check cameras because I'm interested in taking pictures and thinking about having a new camera♪
Then I went to the park for an open-air reading time :-)
Now I'm at a coffee shop because it became a little too chilly to read & study outside.
...yeah, I need to study more.
Usually, I don't really have a chance to speak English at work. But I had a customer from the US yesterday. She was a young woman visiting Hiroshima on her vacation. She told me she was from Arizona and... speaking so fast!
It seemed like girls in reality shows! I had a hard time to catch her...
And she was talking very assertively then I became a little unconfident lol because I thought my English was so broken!
She was a nice person. She told me I was helpful,,, but I could tell she definitely looked confused when I was talking to her.
She was having a hard time too...to understand me! lol
It's not only about my English ability but also my communication ability and confidence.
It made me imagine "me at a college"... I'm spending time with people like her...
I really thought "I wish I could speak more!" That was a good lesson! :-)

2 comments:

  1. You talked with a native speaker!
    I also think it was a good opportunity for you. When you talked with her, I wonder if you were nervous. It was first time to talk with her, wasn't it? If you spend more time with her and get each of you relaxed, you can speak more fluently, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she was a totally stranger to me. yes, i was kind of nervous because i couldn't catch her sometimes.
    yeah, i need to relax a bit... or maybe some drink will help me! lol

    ReplyDelete