9/14/2011

すっかり「シアトル=ロック」

I've been having busy days at work since I came back to Japan.  Finally, I'm updating my blog :-)

I'm going to write about my first Seattle experience.  I guess this is just a certain part of Seattle but... what I found about Seattle is like this...
☆More guys have long hair there!
☆More people, especially young people smoke there!
☆In some areas, most of the people got tattoo or had their face pierced!
So... my image of Settle is, "ROCK"  :-)  I saw more rockes than any other cities I've been to. lol

Well, I really understand because I grew up listening to American rock music, especially 90's.
I enjoyed many types of music but the most of it was often called "alternative rock" back then, like Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden... I don't know if you have ever heard of these names,,, but I love them :-) and they are all from Seattle.  Seattle is known as the city grange/alternative rock is from.  Oh, speaking of grange, Nirvana is very famous band from Seattle, though I was not that into. lol
And world famous Jimi Hendrix was form Seattle, too♪
So... the atmosphere in Seattle was like "90's rockers everywhere♪"  haha!  It was good to me.  I enjoyed it :-)  Say I was a teenager, I would choose this city for my college plan straight away!

I stayed at a hotel near the airport so I had to take a bus or a train to downtown area.  Public transportation was very convenient, clean, safe... and cheep!  I took a train called Sound Transit Light Rail which takes me to downtown in about 40 minutes.
Because I had only a half day free time in Seattle, I already decided where to go and see.  I went to downtown by train, walked around a little bit and went to another are called Fremont by a local bus.  As other tourists do, I checked a travel guide book and knew about Fremont area.  It was an interesting, arty and a little quirky nighborhood with nice cafes, restaurants, shops and unique local people.  I went there to find something good for souvenirs of Seattle :-)
I'll post some pictures next time♪

Please click here if you like my post.
↓ Thank you!
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ
にほんブログ村

No comments:

Post a Comment