8/24/2011

成績消滅 -dealing with documents-

 
I don't know if I really have to drive a car when I trip to the US next month,
but I got an international driving permit today...   JUST IN CASE!  lol
Because I'll be traveling around by myself and one of the schools that I'm planning to visit is in a rural area.
Public transportation is limited then buses are barely available there. 
Well... I never think I'm good at driving even in Japan so I'll try to wait and catch buses.
so... this is a just-in-case license for me.  :-)
Because I've been preparing for my applications and trip, I've got a lot of documents that I don't usually see.
For example, bank statements which shows how much I got, high school transcripts...
Speaking of transcript, I can't ask my high school to issue my grades any more because of the law.  They can issue a document to prove my graduation, but they no longer keep my grades, exam results or the other academic records.
I asked my high school to write an official letter about it so I can explain the situation to the admissions.  Then I talked to the admissions and they said the letter might work.  I hope my documents will be acceptable!
Schools used to keep the grades for 20 years but the law changed the system.  The term for keeping the grades is only for 5 years, they say.
My graduation was in 1997... 14 years ago! lol
Yeah, it is too late for the system! ha!
But I wonder why.  Is this for the Personal Information Protection or something?
Hmm... this is not educationally supportive for people who want to return to learning like me!

Please click here if you like my post.
↓ Thank you.
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ

No comments:

Post a Comment