3/08/2011

おろし金 from USA☆


A chilly day makes me feel like having something hot for dinner.
I had Tonjiru with a lot of gobo (root vegetable).

Good Tonjiru needs ginger, of course!
I put some cut ginger like I always do,
but it was not enough for today's recipe.
Because I already put a lot of gobo(I love gobo!!!)
gobo flavor was much stronger than ginger! lol

so...
I added some grated ginger in it.
This extra grated ginger worked really good!
Ginger flavor got much stronger and it is very good for hot soup on a chilly day♪

The grater in a picture is very good. I bought this microplane at BED BATH & BEYOND in the US.
It was about $14 and I thought "a little expensive but seems nice♪"
And I knew it would be more expensive if I bought this kind of imported American kitchen tools in Japan. lol

This is good for ginger, cheese, garlic... yuzu for nabe too♪  Very convenient and useful :-)


Thanks for reading!
Please click here for your support.  Thank you!
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ
にほんブログ村

2 comments:

  1. It has been getting warmer day by day but we still have chilly days. Tonjiru is my son's favorite soup so I make it often in winter. Ginger is very important for it. I also recommend that to put some Yuzu-kosyou when you serve your bowl.
    Last few years, I try to have Ginger in my food or tea. Ginger makes your body warm from inside, I don't have cold feet in winter anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuzu kosho sounds good! i love it too.
    i should try my tonjiru with it next time :)
    right, ginger is good for our body♪ i've heard it works really good when we are on diet♪
    maybe i should eat more often!

    ReplyDelete