2/04/2011

long flight と 蕎麦

A long flight at the beginning of a trip is... OK because I'm always excited. But coming back to Japan is always a long... long flight.
Atlanta - Narita was a 14 hour flight.
Moreover, the airplane didn't leave Atlanta airport for 2 hours!
They said there was a problem with the entertainment system and it took them to check and fix the problem for 2 hours before departure.
So it was a 16 hour flight including delay.
I thought spending 2 hours only for entertainment system was ridiculous!
All passengers had to be seated while the problem was checked.
But I understood that later on.
14 hour flight with no music, no entertainment screen is... completely nothing! It would have made my flight way longer.
Plus, my flight was with on-demand screen, fortunately. I watched movies, dramas, TV shows and enjoyed music too.
Then... I arrived at Narita.
There war 2 hour delay.
...I missed my connection flight to my town, Hiroshima.
So I'm on a shinkansen now...
Shinkansen will take longer to get to Hiroshima.
But let's see the bright side now♪
The airline is going to pay for my shinkansen. And I had a time to have a quick dinner at Tokyo station.
I watched an American TV show during my flight. The show was about Japanese cuisine♪ What interested the most was Japanese soba.
I really felt like eating Japanese soba.
I was lucky, I found a soba restaurant at Tokyo station.
Of course, I walked into the restaurant with my big baggage and finished quick soba dinner. It was good!
I'm going back to Hiroshima now... feeling full and happy♪

No comments:

Post a Comment